Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Day 72

Last night's newborn finch is still the only one hatched, but the other 4 eggs have peck holes in them, so I'm sure there will be more babies emerging today.  Such a privilege to witness!  This is Volt, the firstborn.  His siblings are Fil (short for Filament), Humphry (in honor of Humphry Davy, the inventor of the filament wire), Candy (short for incandescent), and Lumen.  Looking forward to watching them grow up!
I'm playing games with my gamer friends outside today.  Noah is working on the fence at church with Brad, and Sarah is hopefully turning in her application at Dairy Queen that she picked up yesterday.
Afternoon update:
Here's the fence Noah worked on yesterday:
And today I caught him hauling dirt that he dug out for the back fence.
I spent the afternoon in Leslie's nice backyard with my buddies.  For the first hour and a half, we just talked and caught up while we peeled paint off Leslie's table.  Then we played socially-distanced Bananagrams and a couple other games.

Our games ran into each other, and we ended up playing our tiles on top of each other's. Then a dog wandered in, dragging a leash behind it.  I caught it and found a Smart Tag on it.  Bev had a QR code reader app on her phone so she scanned it and found the owner's name, address, phone number, and email address, and the dog's name (Molly).  Leslie gave her a drink, and we all walked her home.  It was only a few blocks away.  
It was a bring-your-own-lunch party.  I brought a salad of arugula, Spanish rice, black beans, cranberries, and walnuts.

When I got home, I saw that Fil and Humphry had hatched. The nest is filling up, and Candy and Lumen are still in their eggs.

No comments: